Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2170m CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi with getting more storage i have a m.2 stick installed arleady but i need a nother ssd in their what are the requiremetns when purchasing a new ssd for this model

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DSXSD,

The Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16) indeed looks nice, but it is pricey.  The bigger problem, however -or potential problem, is that by looking over this RAM's specs (see: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M2B3200C16#tab-tech...), I found out that this RAM's "SPD" (Serial Presence Detect) is set at 2133 MHz, and it takes BIOS XMP access (which your desktop probably doesn't have) to get this RAM to ramp up to 3200 MHz. In my admittedly personal/anecdotal experience with such cool looking (gaming) RAM and HP desktop platforms, your RAM may get stuck at ... you guessed it: 2133 MHz...

So, if I were you, I would consider this DDR4 3200 MHz RAM alternative: Crucial 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 UDIMM with p/n: CT2K8G4DFRA32A priced at $55.99 -you can buy it here, for example: https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-2x8GB-Desktop-Memory-CT2K8G4DFRA32A/dp/B08C53LL9J/ref=sr_1_3?keywords....

The FIKWOT FS810 1TB SSD is fine.  It is an industry standard SATA III SSD priced at $56.99 via Amazon.

The RAM and SSD would cost you $113 (excluding tax), so that would meet your budget.

I assume you know how to clone your drive -or if your intent is to use the FIKWOT SSD as a secondary drive, then you don't need to worry about that, of course.

Hope this is helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DSXSD,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

It so happens that @BeemerBiker worked out a solution to find out what motherboard is installed in your HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2170m CTO: Solved: Motherboard info - HP Support Community - 8233726.

Once we have this information, we could help you further.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Hi thank you for your patience with me as i am new to pc gaming and want to make sure i make the right decision. I went on windows and it said I have a 8906 motherboard that's all I know. But I want to buy new ram like i mentioned before on amazon this was the ram I was looking at Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)

Would this ram work with my pc it has the same m h z but I don't know if it needs to match more than just that like do i have to match the pins or will any ddr4 3200mhz work on amazon. 
My next is issue I'm having is finding the right storage or in this case a secondary s s d there are so  many on amazon for the 1tb option but I don't know what makes SSD compatible with your device.
I found an SSD on amazon but don't know if it will work 

FIKWOT FS810 1TB SSD SATA III 2.5" 6GB/s, Internal Solid State Drive 3D NAND Flash (Read/Write Speed up to 550/450 MB/s) Compatible with Laptop & PC Desktop

My pc says I have the Tg01 2170m but when i look at those pc online they already came stock with 16gb and other upgrades but all mine has is a AMD Ryzen 5600 1650 super and 2x8 sticks of ram with 256 m.2 SSD that's it. 

I know this is lengthy but I hope you reply thank you for all you have done so far.

And if you have any recommendations for the ram or SSD pls let me know I have about a $110 budget 

And if you wouldn't mind explaining about upgrading ram do you just have to match the MHZ or IDK

Thanks again for all the help!

HP Recommended

@DSXSD,

The Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16) indeed looks nice, but it is pricey.  The bigger problem, however -or potential problem, is that by looking over this RAM's specs (see: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M2B3200C16#tab-tech...), I found out that this RAM's "SPD" (Serial Presence Detect) is set at 2133 MHz, and it takes BIOS XMP access (which your desktop probably doesn't have) to get this RAM to ramp up to 3200 MHz. In my admittedly personal/anecdotal experience with such cool looking (gaming) RAM and HP desktop platforms, your RAM may get stuck at ... you guessed it: 2133 MHz...

So, if I were you, I would consider this DDR4 3200 MHz RAM alternative: Crucial 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 UDIMM with p/n: CT2K8G4DFRA32A priced at $55.99 -you can buy it here, for example: https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-2x8GB-Desktop-Memory-CT2K8G4DFRA32A/dp/B08C53LL9J/ref=sr_1_3?keywords....

The FIKWOT FS810 1TB SSD is fine.  It is an industry standard SATA III SSD priced at $56.99 via Amazon.

The RAM and SSD would cost you $113 (excluding tax), so that would meet your budget.

I assume you know how to clone your drive -or if your intent is to use the FIKWOT SSD as a secondary drive, then you don't need to worry about that, of course.

Hope this is helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.