Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
tp01-1114

which graphics card and power supply should i get for my tp01-1114 i dont know how much watts the graphics card will need but i am thinking of getting a 800 or 600 watt power supply

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@xiong11,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

Your HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-1114 (13Z32AA) as fitted with a Baker motherboard (SSID: 8767), can be fitted with up to a 500-watt power supply, with p/n: L05757-800. You can purchase this power supply online, such as via eBay.  There are no better power supplies available for your desktop.

With a 500-watt power supply, you can power such graphics cards as an RTX 2060 Super, RTX 2070, RTX 3060, RTX 4060, and one of the very best graphics cards for a 500-watt power supply, an RTX 4060 Ti.

Whatever GPU you get, I would recommend buying a smaller-sized (two fan) model, powered by a single 8-pin PCIe power cable, such as this RTX 4060 Ti model.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@xiong11 , welcome to the Community.

Here is a HP Knowledge Base article that will explain what you need to consider when adding or upgrading a video card.  Once you have read the article you will have a better idea which cards will work and how much wattage it will require to run properly.

The motherboard in your computer is HP proprietary. It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector. You will have to buy any PSU upgrade from HP.

Here are the "Product" and "Motherboard" specifications for your computer.  If you read the section titled "Expansion slots" in the Motherboard specifications you will see that the motherboard has 1 x PCIe x16 slot for a video card.  From the description, I believe it is mostly likely a v.1 or v.2 slot.  This would be the type of card you need to buy.  The v.3 cards are backward compatible, but you will not get the full benefit of the power of the v. 3 cards.  Here is an example of a v.2 card.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.