Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC 870-2XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For some reason i dont have any wifi. yes the wifi is on i have my xbox and phone both on the wifi. it doesnt even show the wifi at all or any other wifi at that. I have tried everything. uninstalling and reinstalling all drivers. tried updating the drivers. i even tried redownloading all of windows 10. nothing seems to work and i dont get why. My pc is usually run with ethernet but since ive moved i have to use wifi. When i first moved it found thw wifi fine but it wouldnt connect. now it wont even show the wifi at all.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@mangxkyou , welcome to the forum.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Z5M59AA#ABA

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @mangxkyou!

It doesn't happen very often, but there is a possibility that your M.2 wifi adapter has failed.  The computer is 4 years old.  You should go into Device Manager/Network adapters/right click on your adapter and select update driver/Search automatically for updated driver software.  It will search for an updated driver.  If it finds one it will be installed.  If not, it will tell you that the latest driver is installed.

If that doesn't solve your problem, I suggest that you open the case and carefully remove it and clean the contacts with Isopropyl alcohol.  Then, reinstall it and boot the computer.

HP Recommended

ive already done all that to the drivers but its showing my wifi now but it doesnt let me connect to it

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @mangxkyou!

I suggest you contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to see if they have any suggestions.

One last thought!  You should go into Settings/Network & Internet/Status/Network troubleshooter.  Once you run the Troubleshooter it may fix your connection.    If that doesn't solve your problem as I stated in my previous post, it could be a failed wifi adapter.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

the trouble shoot says the same thing as before and i dont think its the wifi company becausee everything else in my house is able to connect to it but my pc

HP Recommended

@mangxkyou, the reason I said to contact your ISP is there may be a setting on your computer that needs to be changed.  It wouldn't necessarily be their problem, but on your end.  They would know what the settings should be.  Again, if none of this works, it could be a failed wifi adapter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.