Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0098ax
Microsoft Windows 11

10.1 GB hardware reserved from total of 16 GB ram.

VisionJain_0-1647432238348.png

I will straight get on point because i know many details about this problem because i am reserching and trying to solve it from months.

so the only solution to it is going to bios and limit the memory allocation . and this option is in advance bios and i dont have advance bios . my bios version is = AMI F.12 

if you can give a solution to get into advance bios then tell me , other all possible option i have already tried (bios updating , changing system config settings , reinstalling windows , updating drivers etc.) . i dont know why HP hide this type of option which a gamer needs , I am just gone mad with this from months . and cant get a solution for this small problem , because you hided the option in bios . now i regret why i bought hp .

I was having 8gb ram before and that was reserving 2.1gb , so I bought a one more stick of 8gb and it took the whole stick and made it 10.1gb . All money got wasted bro . I just need help in decreasing the reserved memory , it's just a headache to play or edit with 6gb of ram (from that also system takes 3-4).

JUST GIVE ME ACCESS TO  ADVANCE BIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@VisionJain,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are looking for Advance Bios on the HP Pavilion Gaming. I apologize for the Inconvenience. 

I have a few recommendations 

• Boot up your computer and then press the F10 key to get in to BIOS. Then quickly press the A key to show the Advanced settings.
  • If you find the Advanced settings tab missing in the BIOS, that is because your manufacturer has locked the settings on your computer as the improper use of the Advanced settings in BIOS could damage your computer, and in most cases there is no way to unlock it.
  • HP does not recommend making any changes in the BIOS as this might damage the Product.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.