Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-wf0000 (755G1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I recently purchased the Omen 16 and my WASD keys do not light up at all. I have run diagnostics and updated the BIOS and ran a Windows update. The diagnostics comes back clean, no error or error codes. The component test on the keyboard shows it is working. Has this issue actually been solved? Seems like it's been a long-standing issue (since 2020 at least). I'd appreciate some help. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If they are supposed to light up and are under warranty then have HP fix it. If enough users complain and return their laptops maybe the engineers will come up with a better lasting keyboard.

Click here to check warranty
and
Click here for world-wide contact info

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Thanks! It's only a month old so is still under warranty. I will contact them. Thank you again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.