Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavillion Gaming 15 DK 1064TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, i have a problem about the action keys. I want to disable it but i do not know how? can you help me with this case? thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Zio

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to disable action keys on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Follow the below steps to disable action keys.

NOTE: If the feature is not available in the BIOS then this feature is not supported on the computer.

1. Press and hold the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press the f10 key repeatedly to open the BIOS Setup Utility.

3. Press the right or left arrow key to select the System Configuration menu.

4. Press the up or down arrow key to select Action Keys Mode.

5. Press the Enter key to display the Enabled / Disabled options.

BIOS setup window with the System Configuration option and Action Keys Mode selected

6. Press the up or down arrow key to select one of the options.

• Enabled: Does not require pressing fn to use the actions printed on the function keys.

For example, pressing f8 lowers the sound as printed on the key. Alternately, pressing both the fn + f8 minimizes and maximizes a web browser.

• Disabled: Requires pressing fn to use the actions printed on the function keys.

For example, pressing f1 opens a help window. Alternately, pressing both the fn + f1 keys puts the computer to sleep as printed on the key.

7. Press the f10 key to save the selection and restart the computer.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.