Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1058wm
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello everyone. I absolutely love the Omen 15 I have had for the last couple of years, but the 256GB SSD does not give much storage space. I know that I could upgrade the NVMe ssd, but I have read that I can add a second hard drive for storage. However, I can't find any topics for this particular Omen 15. Does anyone know if this model is upgradeable in that way? Will I need brackets and connectors or any other hardware as it did not ship with a second hard drive installed? Am I better off just upgrading the NVMe drive? If I upgrade the NVMe, are there any issues I could run into? Sorry for the multi-tiered questions, just want to make the best decision. The specific product number is 7MA38UA#ABA. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Chapter 1 of the service manual indicates that a SSD + 2.5" drive option was available in that model series.

OMEN by HP 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

What you will need to do is to open up the notebook and see that the parts are there to add a 2.5" drive.

Most HP notebooks that have that option, but did not come with a 2.5" drive from the factory do not have the parts included to simply install one.

If yours is one of those that need the parts, they can be found in chapter 3 of the manual.

Hopefully you can find them for sale someplace, which can sometimes be a challenge.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.