cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strdg
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

After a few hours of playing Overwatch, my laptop shuts down.

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently, I did some changes to my computer to reduce the frequent FPS drop I had before : I changed some things in Nvidia Control Panel,  Overwatch video settings and in BIOS config. Those things I changed were nothing, just disabling VSync and reducing graphics quality to get better performance. 

Since I did all that, no FPS drop during my games but now, after around 2 hours of gaming, the audio is turning noisy and bad, it's like something is blocking it and FPS drops start to occur. Then, after 10 mins of all that, my laptop shuts down. When I turn it back on, everything is alright.

I noticed something about that : when the FPS drops start to occur, the CPU temperature hits 97°C.

I've updated my BIOS and graphics drivers, reseted all settings I used to change, closed all my apps while I was playing, did every single HP Hardware Tests and I also cleaned my computer's fans with a toothbrush but nothing happens. 

I have a Geforce GTX 1050 Ti and an Intel Core i7 8750H.

Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY 1
praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,491 472 748
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Strdg Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the laptop shutdown while playing the games.

As you have stated that you have already updated the graphics driver and BIOS. Still, the issue is not resolved.

I would suggest you contact our phone support and check for the support option.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation