Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15 en0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am currently using apple headphones with a 3.5 mm jack (Shown Here: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MNHF2AM/A/earpods-with-35-mm-headphone-plug) , plugged into my HP OMEN 15 I had received for my birthday recently. Upon setting up, I noticed that the audio in my left headphone was not working and I attempted to resolve the issue. My right headphones do work, and my mic as well, which is something I am grateful for, although it is very annoying to only be able to listen to sound from one side.

Things I have tried:

- Plugging in new headphones

- Plugging in the headphones onto a different device

- Installing various drivers including the Microsoft ones

- Checking Audio Equalizer and disabling enhancements

- Rollback Drivers

- Disabling Mono Audio in Sound Settings.

None of these things worked and I have spent countless of hours trying to figure this out. My attempt on installing different drivers lead to it being reset to Realtek(R) Audio. I have tried turning off Device Installation Settings in the Hardware tab of System Properties and to my surprise, it didn't work. The audio drivers kept on being reinstalled.  I am thinking that the reason why I can hear from only one side is because the audio is all mono and not stereo.  I can't figure out a way to change the audio to stereo, so this is where I'm at now.

Edit: I came across this post (https://superuser.com/questions/515870/laptop-audio-only-in-one-side-of-headphone-earphone) which seems promising, although the audio is still mono despite me following the steps.

Product Info:

Serial: [personal info removed]

Product No.: 2V926UAR#ABA

Any help would be greatly appreciated. In the mean time, I'll continue to try and figure out a solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jason_Hu

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team, you would like to continue troubleshooting.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Jason_Hu

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team, you would like to continue troubleshooting.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Turns out the problem was in the hardware. Luckily I was able to get a replacement for the defective part, although the product I bought was marketed as Certified Refurbished from Microcenter. Certainly an inconvenience, although I am happy to be able to hear from both sides of my headphones again.

Also, apologies for not posting updates on this situation,  I am thankful for the advice that I received.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.