Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 (2V8Z4AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello!
I've recently bought this laptop (HP victus 16), opened it and let it update until it's up to date

My issue is that the audio is too loud on my headphones. My volume's below 10 but it feels like I'm listening at 100 volume

Also it seemed like that the audio lost its bass

I did check my headphones if it works fine on other devices which it does

I did try disabling audio enhancements etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TheLongBoi

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Let's adjust the sound preferences:

• Click the Settings button at the top-right of the Home Screen, and then click the Advanced tab.
  • Click Sound. The Sound Preferences window opens.
  • Modify your sound preferences, and then click Close.

And, also try the below workaround: 

• 1) Right-click on the volume icon at the bottom right corner on your desktop, and select Sounds.
  • 2) In the popup pane, click the Playback tab, and right click on your default audio device, and select Properties.
  • 3) In the new pane, click the Enhancement tab, check the box next to Equalizer, and select the sound setting that you want from the Setting drop down list. Then click OK to save your settings.
  • 4) the equalizer sound effect in your Windows computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@TheLongBoi

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Let's adjust the sound preferences:

• Click the Settings button at the top-right of the Home Screen, and then click the Advanced tab.
  • Click Sound. The Sound Preferences window opens.
  • Modify your sound preferences, and then click Close.

And, also try the below workaround: 

• 1) Right-click on the volume icon at the bottom right corner on your desktop, and select Sounds.
  • 2) In the popup pane, click the Playback tab, and right click on your default audio device, and select Properties.
  • 3) In the new pane, click the Enhancement tab, check the box next to Equalizer, and select the sound setting that you want from the Setting drop down list. Then click OK to save your settings.
  • 4) the equalizer sound effect in your Windows computer.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I cannot simply follow every step that you mentioned. It's been 2 weeks since I bought this laptop. I have an HP VICTUS Ryzen 7 and i too have no bass whatsoever. It's like all the money down the drain. No sub frequencies especially. And the irony is, im a music producer and had purchased the laptop specifically for sound design.. please help, please help, please help!!!!! 

Please also notify the concerned authorities that realtek audio is a actually pretty incompetent driver. This issue has given me nightmares and anxiety. PLEASE HELP!! 

HP Recommended

As per your step by step guidance, im unable to locate "sounds" after right clicking the volume icon, cant locate an "enhancement tab" or "equalizer"

I'm circling around cluelessly. Please provide a solution. I also checked for recent updates, it's all up to date.. YET NO BASS!!!! I don't understand. 

HP Recommended

@Kirwaan

Thank you for posting back. 

Here is the screenshot of the sound options. 

Let's try this workaround: 
Firstly, open Settings.

1. Click on System.
  2. Click the Sound page on the right side.
  3. Under the "Output" section, click the Speakers setting.
  4. Under the "Output settings" section, click the Advanced option for the "Enhance audio" setting.
  5. Click the Levels tab.
  6. Click the Balance button.
  7. Change the left and right volume settings (as needed).
  8. Click the OK button.
  9. Click the Apply button.
  10. Click the OK button.
  11. Once you complete the steps, the audio should play more balanced in the output device.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.