Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0051nw
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, I wanted to modernize my laptop a little bit, so I installed Windows 11 today and I thought about adding RAM to it, and in one tutorial I have found a suggestion to update the BIOS before upgrading the RAM, and yes, it appears that my BIOS' version is from 2020, but the official HP page doesn't show any drivers for Windows 11, only Windows 10. Are there any ways to get a BIOS update on this operating system? Would I have to downgrade just to install it? Is it even needed, as far as adding a stick of RAM goes?

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You probably don't need to upgrade the BIOS and if you just upgraded to W11, you have 10 days to easily go back to W10 unless you clean installed W11.

Windows 11: How to go back to Windows 10 (youtube.com)

As far as updating the BIOS in W11, from my own personal experience, I have not encountered any problems with running the W10 BIOS updates on W11 on several different HP and Dell notebooks and desktop PC's.

But I do not own a HP 15-dk0xxx model series notebook, so I cannot confirm that you would have the same experience as I have.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You probably don't need to upgrade the BIOS and if you just upgraded to W11, you have 10 days to easily go back to W10 unless you clean installed W11.

Windows 11: How to go back to Windows 10 (youtube.com)

As far as updating the BIOS in W11, from my own personal experience, I have not encountered any problems with running the W10 BIOS updates on W11 on several different HP and Dell notebooks and desktop PC's.

But I do not own a HP 15-dk0xxx model series notebook, so I cannot confirm that you would have the same experience as I have.

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for your reply. I went ahead and tried the F.66 Rev.A update from Windows 10 / version 20H2 (64 bit) section of the HP drivers section, on my 10.0.22631 Build 22631 of Windows 11, and it seems to have installed just fine. I don't want to take any responsibility for anyone else trying it, though. Thanks again Paul!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad the BIOS update successfully installed using W11.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.