Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

When i open a specific game in my laptop it always crash and i get the error "kernel security check failure". I checked the dump files and i found this: ntoskrnl.exe, ntoskrnl.exe+1d41e9.

In addition i checked for driver updates and all my drivers were up to date for my laptop.

I also check for BIOS update and i did the one that HP recomented for my Laptop.

there are sometime that i delete the game manualy and then i install it again and the game opens. this last for around 2 days and then i start again to get the samge error. Bluescreen. 

I dont know what else to do, please help me.

Thank you in advance,

Panagiotis

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Panikkos Which game is it? Does the system requirements match?

Meanwhile, here's what you need to know and do:

This error is related to the audio driver, and so, the firm thing we need to do, is reinstall the audio drivers from the device manager:

Press Windows button + X, select device manager, look under sound devices, right-click and uninstall the audio device driver, then restart the computer.

Once done: click here to find and install the latest drivers available for your audio device and check if it works.

If the issue persists, 

Update your computer

1. Make sure that you’re running the latest Windows updates on your computer. Keep in mind that running outdated OS versions may trigger a bevy of issues on your device, including BSOD errors caused by ntoskrnl.exe.
  2. To access the Windows Update section, you can simply type “update” in the search box. This method works on all Windows versions. Then go to Windows Update, check for updates and install the available updates.

Disable overclocking settings

If you installed an overclocking software on your computer, this may explain why you’re getting ntoskrnl.exe BSOD errors. These game boosting tools put a strain on your hardware, forcing them to run beyond the recommended frequency.

As a result, this may cause various issues, including Blue Screen of Death crashes. The quickest solution to fix them is to disable overclocking software.

4. Turn off BlueStacks/ another Android emulator

1. Open Notepad.
  2. When Notepad starts, enter the following lines:
    • “C:Program Files (x86)BlueStacksHD-Quit.exe”
    • net stop BstHdUpdaterSvc
    • net stop BstHdLogRotatorSvc
    • net stop BstHdAndroidSvc
  3. Now click on File > Save as.
  4. Set Save as type to All Files. Enter script.bat as the file name and click on Save.
  5. Now, locate the script.bat file and double click it to run it.

Some Windows 10 users reported that the ntoskrnl.exe BSOD errors occur mainly when they enabled BlueStacks and other Android emulators. So, if you installed emulators on your computer, disable or completely uninstall them.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

@Riddle_Decipher thank you for your reply,

I did step by step the things you told me, but the problem came up again. The game is called Black Squad and my laptop can support it for sure. The thing i did is to reinstall my onedrive, which i think may causes some problem with the files. It apprears to be a little complicated for the windows to have the files saved on onedrive.

In addition, the game opend in a window mode instead of full screen and then i changed it to windowmode(full screen) and it opperated.

i would also like to metion that a get sometimes BSOD when my monitor is connected to my laptop, and i checked that for example when i am playing Leage of legends, when the games starts and goes to full screen, sometimes and when i press alt-Tab to close the full screen and get to my desktop and then i open to full screen the game (i am trying not to do that so i will not get a bluescreen), i get a blue screen "video sheduler internal error", i did changed my drivers to the ones that hp recommends for my laptop, i have already updated my BIOS, but nothing changed and i keep getting BSOD, maybe it is too much for my laptop to use it like a PC. 

if you have anything to recommend, please let me know.

I hope that the BSOD will stop for the game Black squad, at least. If i dont get another kernel BSOD it means that the onedrive diadramatize a big role in the computer files.

Thank you in advance,

with kind regards,

Panikkos.

HP Recommended

@Panikkos It's recommended that you install the game directly on the computer instead of one drive or any cloud storage, and if the issue persists, I suggest you contact the game manufacturer for support on the same, the same goes for league of legends as well,

Also, to ensure this isn't a hardware issue, I suggest you run an extensive hardware test on the device:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

Click Extensive Test.

Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hello,

@Riddle_Decipher thank you for your reply. i did the scan and i didnt have any errors, which is good.

in addition, today a had a bluescreen with the name of VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR, as i mentioned in my previous post. this error started when i plugged a monitor to my laptop.

this time i found the error so i cant show it to you and give me feedback if possible!

if the photo doesnt help please inform me.

thank you in advance.

with kind regards,

Panikkos.

Panikkos_0-1586779213587.png

HP Recommended

@Panikkos If the hardware tests have passed, this is a software malfunction and considering the other steps we've already attempted, I suggest you check with the game manufacturers and/or backup all personal data and create a new user account to check if that works,

If it doesn't, you may want to perform a system recovery: click here

Keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.