Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 dk 0045 tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this HP gaming laptop last year in August. It was all great until in December, I noticed this huge issue. Since I'm in the creative game, I was editing some footage in the night when I saw greenish tint at the corners of my laptop screen. At first I thought it must be because I haven't slept for long. So I didn't pay heed to it. But then again, in the day time as well when there was dim light, I noticed this issue but now it was much worse. I checked it on Google and youtube and found out that many of my brothers and sisters are also facing this issue. A lot of them recommended a lot of things. But since it was under 3 years warranty, I chose to go the expert way. They are still not able to redress this issue and every time they replace the screen but the problem worsens everytime. They are also not willing to accept the fact that this is actually an issue. They're telling me that I'm hallucinating. THEY LITERALLY SAID THAT!!  Now I don't know what to do... Help please.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Fed_up_consumer

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please keep the Notebook under observation in BIOS and let me know if you notice the green tint

If the issue does not occur in BIOS, I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help, I did everything you asked me to but this problem doesn't seem to go away. I don't know what to do. I have already sent my laptop to hp service two times, they are not ready to accept this as a problem. I am attaching a file so that you know. Thanks again. Waiting for your response.Black screen in dark environment. Taken from straight angle. Backlit keyboard was off.Black screen in dark environment. Taken from straight angle. Backlit keyboard was off.

HP Recommended

@Fed_up_consumer

I recommend you contact support and check for available service options for your computer as it looks like a hardware issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Been there, done that. But i'll try again if you say.

HP Recommended

@Fed_up_consumer

Thank you!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.