Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec1054ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have 4 problem with my laptop right now:
1. The laptop is plugged in, but not charging. This problem occurs like 2 or 3 day a time and normally reinstall the battery fixes it. However, removing the battery requires removing the back of the laptop, and doing it 2 or 3 times a week isn't convenient at all! I wonder if this is fine or I should go to a warranty centre to have my laptop checked.
2. Recently (about a month) my laptop is power limited. It could drain over 50W before and all 6 cores' clocks were nearly 4Ghz (which is the maximum for the R5 4600H according to the AMD specs (well, sometimes 1 single core could boost up to 4.3 Ghz in single thread application). Now it can drains about 29 - 34W max! Both all cores clock and single core clock are reduced! Yes, the laptop runs cooler, but I still prefer having better performance.
3. The wifi connection is really bad. In the same position and the antennas head toward the same place,my phone can have nearly twice the speed that the laptop can have (25mpbs for the laptop and about 50mbps for the phone). Well, the wired connection is fine (about 130mbps).
4. When I open the laptop today, I noticed 2 transparent wires near the charging port, and they connected to nothing! I never try removing anything near that place before.
Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@nmttuan17

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try this: 

• 1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.
  • 2. Expand batteries.
  • 3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.
  • 4. Shut down the computer. 
  • 5. Disconnect the charger.
  • 6. Remove the battery. (only for removable battery)
  • 7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.
  • 8. Insert the battery only. (only for removable battery)
  • 9. Attempt to turn the battery on.

If the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure. 

Please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/             

Hope this helps!              
Please click “
Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@nmttuan17

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Does the notebook shut down immediately (right after you unplug the charger)?
  • Do you get any error messages on your notebook (Such as Plugged in, not charging, etc.)?
  • Could you please share the picture of the wire transparent near the charging port?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Every things seems fine after removing the battery and wait for a while, I can still use the laptop without plugging the cable for a decent amount of time.
This is what shown when the problem occurs: 

nmttuan17_0-1628825300266.png

It isn't charged, just stays like that. The HP assistant app also says that the battery should be replace:

nmttuan17_1-1628825947561.png

Even though it will report "Primary Battery: Normal" if I do the thing I mentioned above.

Here is what I got from the UEFI Component test after doing so (the 2nd test is way too slow so I just give up, it doesn't test the battery or AC anyways) and the picture if the wires. Hard too see, but it's there, on the left of the white wire

(https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bZtvZ8uvWiFlH4mZA4l4zqntZtGX3LBs/view?usp=sharing here is the picture if you can't see it from the reply)

nmttuan17_0-1628863540725.png

HP Recommended

Oh and there is a time when I disable the "charge on sleep" (or whatever it's called) - the feature that allows the notebook to charge another device even when it's sleeping - and the notebook's battery was fine for about 1 or 2 weeks (much better than enable that feature).
I have my wireless mouse's dongle plugged in 24/7.

HP Recommended

@nmttuan17

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try this: 

• 1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.
  • 2. Expand batteries.
  • 3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.
  • 4. Shut down the computer. 
  • 5. Disconnect the charger.
  • 6. Remove the battery. (only for removable battery)
  • 7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.
  • 8. Insert the battery only. (only for removable battery)
  • 9. Attempt to turn the battery on.

If the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure. 

Please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/             

Hope this helps!              
Please click “
Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.