Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-02-2022 05:19 AM
I Recently purchased hp victus laptop with ryzen 5 5600h and rx 5500m graphics.First day when I checked battery using hp assist software,it shows need to calibrate.When i clicked info then the battery health is given as 94 percent with 64 whr capacity.The orginal capacity is 70 whr.When I run another check it was 62 whr.Then 60,59 whr on further tests.Now I calibrated the battery and result is 64 whr again.Do I need to replace the device or battery?
10-02-2022 06:50 AM
|Please < calibrate > your battery ... this way|
(1) Open windows <device manager> and uninstall "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"
- Right click on "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"
- Click "Uninstall device"
- Confirm your choice if you see a popup notification
(2) Shutdown notebook
(3) Disconnect charger
(4) Press and hold <power> button for 30 seconds
(5) Connect charger and wait until battery is fully charged ( check LED indicator )
(6) Start notebook and log in to windows and wait a few minutes
(7) Reboot notebook
(8) Please report your results
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community