Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 17-an0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, the battery for my HP Omen is dead and im having trouble to find a replacement,can someone point me to some trusted site that sell it? I dont find it on the Hp site since ,from what i understood, they dont sell it.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@MatteoCabu 

What is your HP omen 17-an0xx ? Probably it uses same battery of the following machine

OMEN by HP - 17-an012dx

which is a 8-cell, 86 Wh Li-ion battery part #  922977-855.

Unfortunately, HP does not stock part 922977-855

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=922977-855

Please try

https://www.newegg.com/p/16J-00UP-016Z8

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi

I ordered a battery with same spec for my HP omen 17".

I got the replacement battery. Put it in and it shows the percentage left. But doesn't charge. 

Use Hp suppert to do a baterty test. Can't find my battery.

Uses F2 and do a battery test. Finds battery and shows it to be 100%. Only thing is that it doesn't come up with a Product ID.

And according to HP this will prevent you from using the battery. So just a heads up for people thinking about buying unoriginal battery. 

Tried the reinstall battery manager in device manager. And also the Bios update.

Anyone have any tips to get it working in my Omen?

HP Recommended

So, from what im understanding from your post is that i either risk to buy a third party battery for 90$ or buy an overpriced Omen laptop every 2-3 years because thats how much their battery last at the very best.. Interesting..

Can I ask you where did you buy the battery?

HP Recommended

The complete model number is 17-an002nl

HP Recommended

Hi

From what I was told I needed to get an original HP battery. One with the product ID. 

That is around 200 euros.

It's the same battery... but with an HP ID.... it sucks....There might be away around it but I haven't figured that out...

HP Recommended

My model number is 17-an113no

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.