Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Didn't work for me too. 😞

HP Recommended

What did your said?

HP Recommended

Not working for me too 😥

HP Recommended

It says "Unable to open BIOS signature"

HP Recommended

Hello everybody. 

If the built-in HP-TOOLS isn't helping you all can try restoring the BIOS using USB FLASH DRIVE. 

TO CREATE THE RECOVERY DRIVE PLS FOLLOW THIS ➡️ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3S3KgcT-Ao 

TO RECOVER USING USB FOLLOW THIS ➡️  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjAZ0DTX3aI

MAKE SURE THAT YOU BACKUP ALL OF YOUR DATA STORED IN YOUR BACKUP ED. 

AND FORMAT THE USB FROM "FILE EXPLORER" USING FAT32 FILE-SYSTEM ONLY. IF YOU USE ANY OTHER FILE SYSTEM THE BIOS PROGRAM WON'T RECOGNIZE YOUR USB OR IT WILL SHOW ANOTHER KIND OF FAILURE MESSAGE.

LET ME KNOW HOW DOES IT GO.

IF THAT ALSO DOSEN'T HELP PLS LET ME KNOW. 

NOTE : I AM NOT HP TECHNICIAN OR SUPPORT AGENT. I AM JUST AN OLD HP CUSTOMER. WHATEVER SOLUTIONS I SUGGEST YOU ARE DOING IT ON YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF FAILURE. IF YOU RAN INTO IT.

This video shows how to create a BIOS recovery flash drive. If you experience a hard drive failure on your notebook PC or no longer have the HP_Tools volume or partition, follow the steps in this video to create a BIOS recovery flash drive. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:18 Insert USB drive 00:26
In this video, we will learn how to restore the BIOS on HP Notebooks using a recovery flash drive. Follow the steps in this video to create a recovery flash drive and then restore BIOS using this drive. For other helpful videos go to https://youtube.com/hpsupport. More support options for your HP
HP Recommended

If the previous method does not work then.

Try this;

1. SHUTDOWN WINDOWS. LET ALL OF THE LIGHTS GO "OFF"
  2. AFTER THE SHUTDOWN WAIT FOR 30 MINS. LET ALL THE COMPONENTS COOL DOWN.
  3. THEN PLUG IN YOUR CHARGER LET THE BATTERY CHARGE COMPLETELY.
  4. ONCE THE BATTERY IS CHARGED COMPLETELY BOOT INTO WINDOWS. MAKE SURE THAT YOU DON'T REMOVE THE CHARGER.
  5. CONNECT YOUR PC TO NETWORK
  6. THEN RUN "CMD" AS ADMIN AND TYPE " sfc/scannow "
  7. ONCE YOU GET THAT THERE IS NO CORRUPTION IN YOUR PC 
  8. THEN START THE WINDOWS UPDATE TROUBLESHOOTING. ONCE DONE CHECK FOR UPDATES IN WINDOWS UPDATE IF AVAILABLE.
  9. THEN GO TO THIS PC>RIGHT CLICK C; DRIVE>TOOLS>CHECK FOR ERRORS
  10. ONCE THEIR ARE NO ERRORS FOUND 
  11. RESTART YOUR PC
  12. ONCE YOU ARE BOOTED AGAIN . THEN OPEN RUN>type " prefetch">SELECT ALL THE FILES IN THAT FOLDER AND PERMANENTLY DELETE THEM.
  13. AGAIN RESTART YOUR PC. 
  14. AFTER THAT OPEN CMD AS ADMIN THEN TYPE THE FOLLOWING : powercfg/h off 
  16. THEN OPEN TASK MANAGER>NAVIGATE>explorer.exe "RESTART IT"

NOTE : THE COMMAND powercfg/h off  WILL DISABLE HIBERNATION IN YOUR WINDOWS COMPLETELY. DO NOT REMOVE THE AC ADAPTOR

AFTER DOING ALL OF THESE TRY YOUR GAME IF THAT WORKS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM. PLS ACCEPT THIS AS A SOLUTION 

I HOPE THAT THIS HELPS. IF THESE DOSEN'T WORK WAIT FOR AN HP TECHNICIAN TO LOOK INTO THIS MATTER.

NOTE : I AM NOT HP TECHNICIAN OR SUPPORT AGENT. I AM JUST AN OLD HP CUSTOMER. AND A TECH ENTHUSIAST WHATEVER SOLUTIONS I SUGGEST YOU ARE DOING IT ON YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF FAILURE. IF YOU RAN INTO IT.

HP Recommended

Doesn't work for me, but what work is Ryzen Controller application. I set temperature of my processor to 75C max and played  1h without any hibernation!

HP Recommended

@VigneshBordikar

Thanks for your cooperation, but please, refrain from sending generic and trivial tips. We've been having troubles with the BIOS rollback, yet you're asking us to do that. The "scannow" command would be useless since it has nothing to do with the BIOS, but the system itself. Otherwise, repairing Windows would have fixed this problem. Deleting the prefetch folder is useless as well, since this problem has nothing to do with our installed applications at all. Disabling hibernation won't fix it too, since it would just let your laptop shut down when the system catches a temperature error. Again, thank for trying to help, but I assure you that after one month of waiting, we've tried all that's possible from our part. Sorry if I ask you again to refrain from continuing helping us, but this is HP's fault. They are the ones who are supposed to help us.

HP Recommended

I will try The Ryzen Controller hoping that it does the trick . I think that the problem is with the processor not the GPU .

HP Recommended

I've tried the Ryzen controller and set the maximum temp for the processor at 80 Celsius , but unfortunately the problem still persists. 😓

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.