Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ec2000 IDS Base Model

I recently updated the bios to f.24 and now when I play games the gpu spikes to 100% and I drop to frames like 14. I tried to rollback to f.22 but it will not let it. Any way to find a download for f.22 or ways you think to solve this.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The same happned to me last night!

So I have an HP Pavilion Gaming 15-EC2000 (Ryzen 5 5600H, 16GB DDR4, GTX1650, Win 11, NVME SSD) which I use for the sole purpose of playing some light games (CS, Rocketleague and some older stuff). This has served me fine and I was happy with it.

However, last night a BIOS update was installed via Windows Update which completely killed my Laptop's performance. It will stutter everywhere, loading games takes forever, FPS varies between 10 and 30... Yes I do have updated drivers (clean windows install) and the issue still remains. AIDA shows that I have F24 Bios when that version is not even listed on HPs support website - last version is supposed to be F23.A, which is the one I had before this update (**bleep** HP?!).

I have tried manually creating a BIOS USB Recovery and using the Win+B combination. It does display the BIOS update screen on boot and looks as if the BIOS is being upgraded while writing the 256 blocks. At the end it displays a 500 BIOS Error and upon restarting I can see the BIOS is still the same F24 and that the stutters are still here. Looks as if the Laptop has some sort of protection to avoid BIOS downgrade.

The laptop is now complete rubbish and warranty just ran off a couple of months ago (talk about planned obsolescence). I am completely at the mercy of these HP updates. Possibly never purchasing something from HP ever again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.