Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
7MP87UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk0068wm Prod# 7MP87UA. Other Day Windows did some updates and I let them run overnight. next morning it was a black screen. The Backlight is on but no display for Win 10.  Restart has same issue, no OS displayed on laptop screen or via external Monitor. Although it seems to be running, of note HD led is flashing. I have gone in and tested the system and it passes everything bust says Hard Drive/SSD short DST Test warning and lists no code. I have the Log for that test.  I looked and saw that the EUFI/BIOS was ver.20 and that current one is .33 so I Manually updated that with no luck.  I have tried to do a reset through use of F11 but it does nothing. Attempted to use the cloud recovery tool and in following the creation of a bootable USB disk it fails to run as directed in your support page: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-15-dk0000-laptop-pc/26122224/model/29483202/.... Is there a specific file that needs to be accessed? EFI? After that I ran the hard drive tests again and it stalls Hard Drive/SSD short DST with 2:31 to go at 51% tested. 

I need some serious help on this. Mainboard tests O.K. Memory Test O.K. Graphics test O.K. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So I bailed on the HP Cloud Recovery USB sham and downloaded Windows Media Creation tool and Made Win 10 install USB. Should have done it from the start. Everything went in great since I used a USB Drive with fat32 formatting to create the USB w/ Windows install on it. Updated Windows and all HP Updates after Installing HP Support Assistant. and all other programs I had Runs better now without extraneous HP stuff.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Continuing on: I changed the Factory Toshiba M2 SSHD 256GB with a new Seagate 500GB SSHD 2.5 sata, and tried the HP cloud restore USB and it started right up unlike when Factory SSHD was installed it ran doing its installing and has an error that only gives save log file, view log and retry. I saved the logfile and also hit retry but it keeps looping at this point. UGGGHH 

HP Recommended

So I bailed on the HP Cloud Recovery USB sham and downloaded Windows Media Creation tool and Made Win 10 install USB. Should have done it from the start. Everything went in great since I used a USB Drive with fat32 formatting to create the USB w/ Windows install on it. Updated Windows and all HP Updates after Installing HP Support Assistant. and all other programs I had Runs better now without extraneous HP stuff.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.