Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-27-2022 09:31 AM
I got a windows update, updated the pc.
Got a blue screen error.
tried startup repair , tried reset my pc. but it failed
went to a Black screen with blinking caps lock... blink code 5.3 (5slow blinks, followed by 3 fast blinks)
cannot access startup menu or any other boot option menus
10-02-2022 01:15 PM - edited 10-02-2022 01:16 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I'd like to help!
I understand that you are facing a blinking light issue with your HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-Ec0101ax Notebook PC. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:
- Did any hardware changes take place on the laptop recently?
- Is the power cord connected directly to a working wall outlet?
Meanwhile, I recommend you perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
Step 1: Hard reset
- Power off the laptop.
- Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
- Power ON the laptop and check.
Step 2: Recovering the BIOS
- Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.
- Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.
- If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps but press the Windows key and the V key. If the screen still does not display, your computer might not support the feature or there is a hard drive issue. Continue to the next section to Recover the BIOS using a USB recovery drive.
- If the Power light turns off, the Power button was held too long. Repeat the previous steps, making sure to hold the Power button for only 2 to 3 seconds.
- If a BIOS recovery message repeatedly displays, continue to the next section to Recover the BIOS using a USB recovery drive.
- If a message that the computer improperly shut down or a boot problem is detected displays, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the error.
- If Windows starts, update to the latest BIOS version. Go to HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS for more information.
- The HP BIOS Update screen displays and the recovery begins automatically.
You may also refer to the steps mentioned in this document: HP Notebook PCs - Computer beeps or a light blinks during startup
If the issue still persists, then the PC needs to be sent to HP Service Centre, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action.
Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community