Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-13-2021 03:34 AM - last edited on 12-17-2021 05:49 AM by JessikaV
I am using an HP Omen 15 Laptop that I bought in 2018, just today whenever I log in the screen becomes black with my cursor still being able to be moved around, if I wait a bit longer it will sometimes work as normal but I am still trying to get rid of the black screen.
12-17-2021 02:09 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did this happen after a recent Window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (Refer to the removable and sealed battery)
BIOS default:(do not skip any troubleshooting steps, even if you feel steps are repeating)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community