Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP – 17-an010nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Well the problem is easy to explain.My windows 10 had a update 2days ago everything was fine day after and then suddenly a black screen appeard.Its a common problem but mine is weird enough nothing wants to work.I tried to use hotkeys to boot or restart but most people have a cursor on screen well I dont.I tried to get the battery out but couldnt.So I tried with a hdmi cable to get the image on another monitor but well like my device just dosent exist for it(cable works).My device is weird enough some have a beeping sound turnning it on or something but well I dont.What do I have? Well turnning on my device again no sound, no image just a light on power button.Question how can i repair this.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Subject_066 , welcome to the forum.

This type of problem is very difficult to diagnose, since the computer won't boot.  Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06001792

On Pages 38 and 39 are instruction for removing the battery.  If you can remove it you can plug in the AC adapter to see if the battery is the problem.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Well the problem I face now that the solution of yours might work but a problem always accours.So I first time flipp the laptop upside down and everything is going fine until I find that 2 screws move and wont come out(I can hear a click sound) and other 2 are sophisticated and maybe you have a solution how can I get them out and not damage the laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.