cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Gitesh7376
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Brand new pc slow from the first boot itself

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0101ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got a brand new gaming laptop, HP pavilion - 15-ec0101ax, it was slow from the moment I opened it, The boot speeds are real slow but that doesn't bother me much, the thing is that it's really slow in working too. The time it takes to open file explorer or chrome. It hangs a lot. The mouse cursor becomes unresponsive for 1 second a lot of times. Programs open but they take time to load up completely and again it hangs a lot. I have seen laptops with lesser ram, older cpu and gpu work like 4-5 times faster than this pc. Mind you it's like this from the first boot itself, I didn't download anything fishy on it or anything. I can'y figure what the cause is but I have observed that when it's really slow it shows 100% disk usage in task manager which normally should be around 10-20%. I don't know whether it's connected or not. Please help. I have been using this pc for 15 days.

1 REPLY 1
praveenbv
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,919 6,917 299 366
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Gitesh7376, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Please follow the steps listed below to improve the FPS on your Intel Graphics adapter: 

•   

Here's how you do it: 

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings. 

• Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.  

• In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance. 

• If the issue persists, The best way to resolve the issue is to follow the suggestions of the HP Guided Troubleshooter:  

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern). 

• Click Apply and ok...this should do the trick. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation