Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen dh0136tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HELLO THERE 

I AM USING  OMEN LAPTOP (DH0136TX) FROM LAST 5-6 MONTHS.

BUT NOW LAPTOP'S CPU(I7 9TH GEN.) CLOCK SPEED HAS STUCK AT .78 GHZ.(BASE SPEED 2.6 GHZ)

IT IS HAPPENING OCCASIONALLY.

PLEASE HELP HOW I CAN RESOLVE THIS ISSUE.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@arvinder1991 I watched the entire video, thanks for the Jumanji 2 in the background it kept the video interesting, and not to mention the granth, that was beautiful, I'm assuming you played both at the same time as it heats up the device quicker? If yes, here's a few things to reduce the heat which in turn should resolve the issue with the CPU among other things:

You can help prevent overheating by making sure there is adequate ventilation around the computer, the fan vents are cleaned regularly, and the BIOS is up-to-date. For more information, go to Protecting and Caring for your HP Notebook PC.

You might experience the following issues when the computer overheats:

• After pressing the Power button, the computer freezes on a black screen and Windows does not start, or Windows starts but does not respond.

• Basic tasks or applications take more time to complete than usual.

• Windows does not respond, suddenly restarts, or displays an error message while in use.

• Games stop responding during play.

• Fans inside the computer become louder as they start spinning faster to remove excess heat.

• The mouse and keyboard stop responding.

There are many reasons your computer might overheat, but the most common reason is dust buildup on the fans which can trap heat. Reduce the heat inside the computer to prevent any damage to its internal components.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@arvinder1991 I suggest you to run Power Troubleshooter.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. Run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

1. Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
  2. Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
  3. Click on Power and follow the  onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again. 

If the issue persists, please disable Microsoft services using the instruction in this link and check if it helps: click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

THANKS FOR REPLY.

I HAVE TRIED POWER TROUBLESHOOT. BUT UNFORTUNATELY IT DOESN'T HELP.

IN LAST SOME DAYS I HAVE NOTICE SOME FACTS THAT CLOCK SPEED FREEZE AT 0.78 Ghz, BECAUSE OF CPU TEMPERATURE.

CPU WORKS FINE UNTIL TEMPERATURE REACHES 97-98 DEGREES.

ONCE IT REACHES TO PEAK, CPU FREEZES AT 0.78 Ghz.

THE ONLY SOLUTION I HAVE FOUND THAT WHEN I KEEP CPU FAN SPEED ON MAXIMUM, THEN CPU WORKS FINE.

THE ONLY SOLUTION TO BREAK THE FREEZE IS TURN OFF THE LAPTOP FOR SOME TIME SO THAT THE TEMPERATURES COME DOWN. THEN IT WORKS FINE UNTIL TEMP. REACHES TO PEAK. AND THIS CYCLE CONTINOUS.......

CAN I KEEP RUNNING FAN AT MAXIMUM SPEED ALWAYS?

I HAVE RECORDED A VIDEO FOR SAME.

HERE IS THE LINK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naTWRR2b964

HP Recommended

@arvinder1991 I watched the entire video, thanks for the Jumanji 2 in the background it kept the video interesting, and not to mention the granth, that was beautiful, I'm assuming you played both at the same time as it heats up the device quicker? If yes, here's a few things to reduce the heat which in turn should resolve the issue with the CPU among other things:

You can help prevent overheating by making sure there is adequate ventilation around the computer, the fan vents are cleaned regularly, and the BIOS is up-to-date. For more information, go to Protecting and Caring for your HP Notebook PC.

You might experience the following issues when the computer overheats:

• After pressing the Power button, the computer freezes on a black screen and Windows does not start, or Windows starts but does not respond.

• Basic tasks or applications take more time to complete than usual.

• Windows does not respond, suddenly restarts, or displays an error message while in use.

• Games stop responding during play.

• Fans inside the computer become louder as they start spinning faster to remove excess heat.

• The mouse and keyboard stop responding.

There are many reasons your computer might overheat, but the most common reason is dust buildup on the fans which can trap heat. Reduce the heat inside the computer to prevent any damage to its internal components.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORTS AND ASSISTANCE, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

FIRST OF ALL,  IN THAT VIDEO I FORGOT TO CLOSE CHROME BROWSER. I WAS WATCHING LIVE KIRTAN FROM "SACHKHAND SRI DARBAR SAHIB JI"(ALSO KNOWN AS GOLDEN TEMPLE). 

NOW WE TALK ABOUT THE TWO ARTICLES, I FOLLOWED EVERY STEP, UNFORTUNATELY MOST STEPS DOESN'T SPORT OMEN SERIES. HOWEVER I TRIED EVERY STEP WHICH SPORTS. YES, I CAN FEEL THE DIFFERENCE....

AFTER ALL THE DISCUSSIONS, PLEASE ASSIST ME WHICH OPTION GOOD & SAFE FOR FOR LONG TERM USAGE..

1. USE CPU FANS ALWAYS AT MAXIMUM SPEEDS.

2. USE A COOLING PAD FOR LAPTOP.

PLEASE ASSIST FURTHER..

THANKS AGAIN.

HP Recommended

@arvinder1991 I appreciate the details about the issue and about the kirtan 🙂

And I personally suggest using a cooling pad for the laptop as long term solutions.

I hope that helps!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR, FOR THE ASSISTANCE.

NOW, I M ENJOYING MY LAPTOP.

MAXIMUM TEMP.  IS AROUND 85 DEGREE ON VERY HIGH USAGE, WHICH WAS 98 DEGREE EARLIER.

THANK AGAIN🙏

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.