Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-dh1019nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Specs

I7-10750H

32gb Ram

Rtx 2070 Super max  q

512gb  M.2 ssd

Model Number

15-dh1019nr

Problem

My  problem is that every time I play a game for longer then 5 minutes my CPU goes from 3-4 Ghz to .78 Ghz  and changing perform mode or plugging the charger back in does help it. It stays at a constant .78 Ghz and in turn makes FPS really bad.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Glockness

Greetings! 

  

This message is from the HP Support team, 

  

Just needed to know if all your queries were resolved? 

  

If not, I could help you get there. 

  

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

  

Have a great day ahead! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Glockness, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with CPU usage is more on your Omen 15-Dh1019nr. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you.

Update  HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Are you using the AC adapter that came with the machine?  I ask because I tried the 330 watt adapter on my unit with an adapter cable and it pretty much did the same thing you described.  Once I went back to the "factory" power supply the issue goes away. 

HP Recommended

@Glockness

Greetings! 

  

This message is from the HP Support team, 

  

Just needed to know if all your queries were resolved? 

  

If not, I could help you get there. 

  

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

  

Have a great day ahead! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.