Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-ax002no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have issues with my computer underclocking.

Suddenly i experienced that my computer went from high graphic settings and high fps to almost being impossible to play any games on.

I see my CPU and GPU underclocking.

As with notebooks i only have high performance with charger connected.

What i have later on noticed is that now i can nolonger have this "high performance mode" with power plugged to the pc. Now its just the same with charger connected, as running pureply on battery. I also noticed that my computer takes around 6-7 hours to fully charge when used with pc during regular use(not gaming). And under some circumstances it even runs empty of power with my charger plugged to the computer, so if i start gaming with 10% power and charger connected. Instead of it charging to full power steadily i experience that the charger cannot charge what the computer is consuming meaning it will shut down empty of power...

Charger issue or some motherboard or so? Can the charger really be "destroyed" so it only delivers around 20-30% power? Have reinstalled windows to clean pc 100%..

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Raswib 

You have clean installed Windows and the same issue occurs.

Then there isn't really anyway I could know if its an issue in the power board, the charger or the battery itself. Sometimes when a battery is nearing its end of life, it can cause odd issues like this.

You could certainly buy another charger if you wish, but I make no guarantees that will solve the problem. If you do go with another charger, the 120W and 150W will be about the same price, so I would go with the 150W charger. Part number 776620-001.

Manual...  http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05357609

Not sure if that older model Omen has the UEFI Diagnostics or not. If it does, F2 at power-on will access the tools. Go to Component Tests > Power and test both the charger and battery. If it finds something, you will know for sure what it is.

If that's not there, you could download the Windows version of the tools, but that sometimes doesn't work quite as well.

HP Recommended

Also, Performance Mode inside the Performance Control section of the Omen Command Center has been limited to the newer versions of Omen laptops and even then, only on the larger graphics cards like the 1060/70 and greater.

So your power adapter issue wont have anything to do with that. Sorry.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.