Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power 15 cb052tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Pavilion Power Series laptop which houses i7 7700HQ CPU .It underclock while playing games like CS GO and Dota 2. The FPS of the game is not affected but the game lags as the CPU which clocks at 3.5-3.6 ghz underclocks to 2.2-2.5 ghz. I checked in XTU and It showed CURRENT LIMIT THROTTLING. I have played the games without this issue earlier in this notebook. Please help.

THank you

Prateek

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hello, Prateekrb,

Have you tried checking if on your power plan advanced seetings, processor`s maximum state is set to something lower than 100% and on minimum the same? If it is, you should consider changint it to 100% on both to enable turbo boost and you`ll see an improvement.

I can recommend you Razer Cortex for a better gaming performance.

Have a great day/ night!

HP Recommended

I have tried this but it did not help, processor maximum state is set to 100%.

HP Recommended

Hello again, Prateekrb,

Last thing I am suggesting you is to download ThrottleStop, after installing and opening it, tick BD PROCHOT and Set Multiplier and set on ''set multiplier'' the number in the right of it to 0 T, then save and Turn On then minimize it! Your cpu now should stay turbo boosted at highest ghz.

After  ending your gaming session, just open the minimized tray of the program, hit turn off and then close it!

Have a great day/night!

HP Recommended

I tried Throttlestop but it did not help 😞

HP Recommended

Try Nvidia powermizer switch. Just download it, run as administrator and make everything on. It helps me a lot.

Btw, hp thanks for ignoring the issue and sometimes deleting my comments.

HP Recommended

I dont think it will help because it is the processor which is underclocking..... It is very sad and painful to see that HP is not even trying to help.... 😞

HP Recommended

What is your BIOS version?

HP Recommended

I inspect the same issue and suddenly, i don`t know how i`ve resolved it for a time. Current Limit Throrrling disappeared and CPU clock speed were stable at 3.4 ghz while playing or making stress test on GPU and CPU at the same time. But then, i updated my nvidia driver, turned off the computer and now I have Current Limit Throrrling again and CPU clock speed at 2.3 ghz.

HP, please help to resolve the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Did you guys find a solution? I can't really use the pc to play games because of this, even tho this is why I bought it in the first place..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.