Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

@Eirence,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue on a Pavilion 15-cb0xx with i5-7300hq and GTX 1050ti i get the current throttling and drop from 3.1Ghz at 27w TDP down to 2.4/2.5Ghz at 15w and ive never seen the advertised 3.5Ghz at 45w TDP turbo boost?  ive tried using XTU to under clock but no luck. if theres any info it would be helpful. And obvs this is with the laptop plugged in.

HP Recommended

Will anyone help us? The issue of current limit throttling and CPU underclocking still persists... 

HP Recommended

Guys, Its SOLVED!!!!!!

Not in a proper way, but solved.
So

0. Be Sure you are AC plugged in.
1. download nvidia powermizer manager.
2. Make everything like in a screenshot attached to this comment. (Skip making the restore point, it`s not neccesary, really)
3. Click "Instant Apply", then "Apply & Reboot" and confirm the reboot.
4. When rebooting spam "F10" to open BIOS.
5. In BIOS go to Security tab and switch "Intel® Software Guard Extensions (SGX)" from Disabled to S/W Controlled or vice versa (S/W Controlled to Disabled). 

6. Press "F10" and apply changes. Your PC will shut down for a few seconds and then turn on by itself (Just don`t touch it)
7. If you made it "Intel® Software Guard Extensions (SGX)" Disabled - be sure to enter code that will appear. If you made it S/W Controlled just skip this step.
8. Enjoy your CPU and GPU working on high perfomance at the same time.

P. S. for me now its working without any of Nvidia Powermizer Manager and BIOS modifications. I just shut down the PC then turn it on and everything is good. But for reason i don`t know sometimes (not very often) it doesn`t help.
So be sure to do all of steps above at least for the first time.

pmmanager.png

HP Recommended

Thank you so much ! I will try that 😄

HP Recommended

Btw, HP i am super confused of the service you are offering. No, for real. This is like on of the worst service I experienced from the company like yours. This laptop is already 2 years in a market and you even don`t try to fix this problem.

I am upset. Never will buy HP products anymore, too good quality as service level and as product as well. Thank you

HP Recommended

@Skewf

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

@Jacky-D

Does that reply apply to the rest of the people in this line of messages that have the exact same issue? As I and a few others would also like some support with this issue ??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.