Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 15 cx0056wm

Hello, 

I am from Nigeria. I bought an HP pavillion gaming laptop 15 cx0056wm about 4 months ago. The problem with my laptop began a few days ago when I unkwoningly installed an unlicensed windows 10 OS in my laptop after the expiration of my Microsoft office 365 having used it for 3 months. After the installation of fake windows 10 os, my laptop began to function abnormally. This prompted me to restore my laptop to factory settings but I unfortunately cleaned the whole OS in the process. I don't have a system recovery disk. I don't know what to do in order to get my laptop back to it's original status. 

Do I need a system recovery disk and how do I go about ordering it from the  manufacturers?  What other solutions are there to overcome my challenges. 

Thanks in anticipation for a response.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Oghweniale 

Nigeria? Interesting, that model was technically only sold in the USA from Walmart.

You should never download Windows from anywhere but from Microsoft directly. It wasn't necessary to use a cracked copy of Win 10. The genuine MS ISO will install just fine on your HP as the Activation Key is embedded in the bios.

You have two options. You can download the HP Recovery for your specific model. It will install the HP Drivers and Operating System as they were from factory. You would need a 32GB USB pen drive to do the recovery with.

Install this program onto any Windows 10 computer and fill in the information when prompted and it will download and create the USB installer onto the pen drive.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

Or you can grab the genuine Microsoft ISO directly from Microsoft. It will not have the HP drivers installed, but it will find the drivers needed automatically and install them when it searches for updates.

You will need a minimum 8GB USB pen drive. You will want to choose a Custom install and delete all the partitions on the drive first, then let it continue with the install.

Create media Windows 10

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Oghweniale 

Nigeria? Interesting, that model was technically only sold in the USA from Walmart.

You should never download Windows from anywhere but from Microsoft directly. It wasn't necessary to use a cracked copy of Win 10. The genuine MS ISO will install just fine on your HP as the Activation Key is embedded in the bios.

You have two options. You can download the HP Recovery for your specific model. It will install the HP Drivers and Operating System as they were from factory. You would need a 32GB USB pen drive to do the recovery with.

Install this program onto any Windows 10 computer and fill in the information when prompted and it will download and create the USB installer onto the pen drive.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

Or you can grab the genuine Microsoft ISO directly from Microsoft. It will not have the HP drivers installed, but it will find the drivers needed automatically and install them when it searches for updates.

You will need a minimum 8GB USB pen drive. You will want to choose a Custom install and delete all the partitions on the drive first, then let it continue with the install.

Create media Windows 10

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.