Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
pavilion DK0050TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Model no.: hp Pavilion DK0050TX
Spec (simple): i7 9750h, gtx 1650, 8gb ram, 256 ssd
Question: I have a gen 2 type c port in my laptop, and i think it supports charging, Can i charge my laptop with the type c port? if i could what is the minimum watt charger i can use? can i use oneplus dash charger 65W?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@DAN_2K 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06362564

Yes, but it uses 150W charger therefore you need a compatible or higher wattage to be able to run and charge your machine at the same time. With 65W charger, I think you can charge your machine overnight or when machine sitting idle.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you, understood

But i am going to use the type c 65w only in travel (like taking it to college) 

So that i can carry one charger for my phone laptop tablet and headphone

In college i wont be gaming or necessarily use it while charging. But i just need some one to confirm that it will atleast slow charge in idle, because my current type c 15w charger is not recognised by laptop at all, so if it will charge at 65w am ready to buy it 

Or any other type c charger that is small and light(need ur recommendation)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.