Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc0035ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I've posted a post about this two days ago, and the post was closed by one of the moderators. I beg you to understand my situation I really need to enter to BIOS because I have some limitations on my laptop, like the virtualization is turned off. I've tried to contact my local HP support contact team as the moderator who closed the previous post suggested, but the problem is that there is NO contact center in my country, Kazakhstan. The previous post: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Can-t-enter-BIOS/m-p/7259145

Please If you won't provide me a generic password, I will have to delete CMOS battery from motherboard, as it's the only way you can reset BIOS settings. But I'm afraid that it can be harmful for my laptop and even it may not turn on.

I hope you understand my case and try to help me! Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

jnCFMkHg0qU.jpg

After 3 attempts, this box comes out.

HP Recommended

Hi

Well at risk to my own personal well-being, I offer...

When setting up the BIOS Administrator password, remember to enable the HP SpareKey Enrollment which prompts you to provide answers for a sequence of three predetermined personal identification questions.

Did you, on your  OMEN by HP - 15-dc0035ur ?

Could this help?

HP PC HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS 4-IN-1 USB KEY

For HP authorized service partners and IT professionals who need to support a mixed environment of older and newer HP/Compaq PCs, the HP PC Diagnostics 4-in-1 USB Key is a diagnostic tool that supports a wide range of HP Desktop and Notebook PCs. This Key includes HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows, HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI, HP Vision Diagnostics, and files supporting recovery of a corrupted BIOS on supported systems.

let's hope I can respond to any reply    arf arf.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I didn't set HP SpareKey Enrollment. Please If you could give me a generic password... That would solve my issue.

HP Recommended

Hi

I do not have any kind of generic password.

Nor would I post one either.

So I would suggest you find an alternative remedy or forum.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.