Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-ax250wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I bought this laptop to play video games and also complete my college work.  I have discovered that a very specific key combination will not work, under any circumstances, on my keyboard.  This is outrageously annoying, as this key combination is very important whilst playing a few games.  I have used a key rollover test to help me understand my issue, and I have found that I can hold any other combination of SHIFT + W + (all letters besides X).  I can, however, hold down SHIFT + (any letter besides W) + X.  I am not sure if there is a keyboard shortcut I am messing with, or if this is intentional.  If intentional, I genuinely do not understand why.  Any help/insight would be lovely.  

Thank you all, and have a good one.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Patronus, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

As you are having issues using a combination of keys of on the PC.

Before I can assist you, I have some questions for you in order to assist you better.

Have you tried checking with an external keyboard does the issue persist?

Does the letter "X" key function correctly?

Try changing the key settings in the game.

Update the BIOS and chipset driver on the PC and check if it helps.

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

Update the chipset drivers using this link. Click Here

To troubleshoot keyboard issues you can try the steps recommended below.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling keyboard drivers and check if it helps.

In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Click View and select Show Hidden Devices.
Click the arrow next to Keyboards, right-click the keyboard device name, then select Uninstall to remove the device from Windows.
Continue removing device names in the Keyboards category until all device names have been uninstalled.
Restart the notebook. Right-click Start (), select Shut down or sign out, then select Restart.
Wait for the computer to restart and open Windows.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot keyboard issues with the PC. Click Here

Happy Weekend ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.