Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

From some time now, I can't seem to open the Command Center. When i click the icon it looks like it is going to open, the loading circle appears next to the cursor but nothing happens. 

Tried reinstalling the app, updating bios, updating drivers through hp assistant, using a previous version; think I did everything except a fresh windows install. 

I need the app because i use the performance mode as it gives the full 90W to the Gpu, 1070 Max-Q.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I'll post here and hope it will get tagged for people with the same problem. I found out what's going on.

It's one of the apps that starts with windows. In my case it's RTSS ( Rivatuner Statistics Server). I use a bunch of apps in the backround that start with windows. Just had to find the "right one". When i need to use OCC i just close the app, open OCC then reopen the app. Don't know why they conflict.

Hope this helps people with the same problem. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @mihnoi 

Try this in the order I have it written...

If you have to old version of the Omen Command Center (OCC) from the HP Drivers page, uninstall it. Its the old outdated version. Uninstall what ever version you have currently. IF you have both the old traditional version and the windows app, remove both.

Reboot the PC.

Then reinstall again with this link..  Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store 

Then install this utility...  Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store 

Then reinstall the OCC SDK package... sp98588.exe

Now go to Windows updates and force it to search for updates: If it has updates pending, let them install. Then reboot and go back again and click the Search for Updates button, even if it shows its up to date. If it installs more updates, reboot and do it again. Keep doing this until it doesn't find anymore. Windows updates will not always find what it needs the first time around, this is why you have to force it to search a few times.

Try the OCC again.

HP Recommended

I did the things you suggested although I do not use HP Command Center. I use OMEN Command Center.

I did try to use it though as it has the profiles but it doesn't save my choice. When i open the app again there is no profile selected. Did not try to see if it really works but again, this is not the app I was using so I'm not gonna troubleshoot. I can't even find it in the store if I search for it. Only through your link.

Tried installing again with your steps but using Omen Command Center. Nothing again.

One thing I did notice though, when I install the sdk in the CMD window that pops up for the install I get this halfway through install : "ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value." But the install continues as more lines of text show up but no errors again. I think the sdk installs correctly but i'm not sure.

HP Recommended

Sorry, I fixed the link above. Yes I intended on posting the link for the Omen Command Center.

Did you grab the installer for the OCC via the Microsoft Store (fixed the link above) or was it the HP drivers page?

IF it was the MS Store version and its not opening, go to Services and make sure HP Omen HSA Service is set to Running - Automatic.

IF that doesn't help, right click on the shortcut for the OCC, go to More and run it as an Administrator.

Does that do anything?

HP Recommended

I tried with both versions. Same outcome. Also tried the services tip and the run as admin before i posted the OP. So no luck so far. Starting to think i need a specific "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package"; I'll try to install every version if i'm missing something.

EDIT: Installed all of the Microsoft Visaul C++ packages. Still not working

At this point I'm out of ideas.

HP Recommended

Im starting to see a few users complaining of the same thing now. So Im suspecting a Windows update issue perhaps, but you never know, could be anything. Also, the OCC is bios dependent. Is your bios up to date?

You didnt mention which Omen Model (Product Number) you have so I cant look up the update.

HP Recommended

Yes, bios is up to date.edited

HP Recommended

OK thanks.   Remember not to post the serial number. Only the product number.

Your model is OMEN by HP 15-dc0017nq

At the moment of my writing this, you Bios version F.09  sp97145.exe

HP Recommended

Ok, I'll remember that. That's the bios i've been using for some time now. Maybe it's windows update, who knows. I hope i get to the bottom of this though.

HP Recommended

Only thing I can think of to help get to the bottom of the issue is to look back at the updates that have occurred around the time this started. You can view your update history from All Settings>Updates and Security>View update history.

Im wondering if your issue started around Sept 10th or approximately. About that time, cumulative update KB4515384 came out and broke a lot of things, including network connections and audio.

You can roll Windows back to a restore point prior to the update and see if the command center works again. If so, we will be a little farther ahead in trouble shooting hopefully.

Its up to you if you want.

If restore points are enabled, you can revert back. Here's how...  https://support.hp.com/hk-en/document/c03327545

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.