Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Immediately after buying my HP Omen, I noticed that the charger would occasionally disconnect and not turn back on. If I unplugged the charger from the wall and then plugged it back in, the laptop would begin charging again.

Over time, this began to happen more frequently until the laptop would only charge for a minute or so before I would have to unplug and replug again. The frequency was higher when the laptop was in use than when it was asleep.

I thought the charger was the problem, so I bought a new one, and initially this helped. However, over time, this new charger kept disconnecting too until eventually the frequency of disconnection was the same as with the initial charger. Charging now lasts only 10 seconds.

Trying to reconnect charge by unplugging and replugging the charger from the laptop doesn’t work; it will only start charging again if I unplug/replug from wall or from the AC Adapter. Additionally, the laptop heats up very quickly and the fans get very loud while just using chrome and not running anything else (this has been the case since the beginning).

What is wrong with the laptop? Which part can I replace to fix this problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.