Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-05-2022 12:04 PM - edited 08-05-2022 12:16 PM
Its been less than a week purchasing my laptop, after 4 days while turning on I'am hearing an screeching or coil whine noise from laptop while turning it on for first 13 seconds and NOTE: this noise come only when keyboard light is on during turning on pc. But if the keyboard light is off while turning on laptop, the sound is absent. Is it an serious issue or common?
08-05-2022 12:24 PM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... and I would like to help you.
(1) Update BIOS
HP Consumer Notebook PC BIOS Update
|F.14 Rev.A||12.1 MB||Apr 10, 2022||Download|
Why should you install the update ?
Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:
- An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
- The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
- HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.
(3) Let BIOS be installed until it's completely done !
(4) Test your hardware Using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)
See how it works:
(5) Please report your results
08-06-2022 04:34 AM - edited 08-06-2022 04:41 AM
You wrote: "
But if the keyboard light is off while turning on laptop, the sound is absent. Is it an serious issue or common?
Answer: This is serious issue
HP warranty valid -> Contact HP Support
HP warranty expired ->
You should have it serviced by a professional notebook (chip level) repair store.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community