Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN X 17-ap003na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It's a little bit more than an year old laptop. So lately my left shift key has been taken more and more pressure to register/work. I realized in a few days something was wrong. Somehow I flicked it open and then all hell broke loose while I was trying to set it back i managed to damage the caps lock too. I am absolutely lost for words...

Anyways I went online and from what I see it's just the hinges and the keys that are damaged so it should be a simple fix just replacing them. Here comes the hard part - I need my laptop, I have two radio shows that I broadcast from home weekly, so sending it to HP is a no go for now. I am not sure what to do. If I can order the keys and get them to certified technician it should be a simple and quick fixture, but I am not sure if it's feasible. If it matters I live in London so there is definitely a ton of places around probably an HP place too. Any advice would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@NameTaken12 Depending on the region you are in and the color of your keyboard/laptop, you can find the part number using the HP Maintenance and service guide:

Click here for details on the same.

See the below image for example:

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@NameTaken12 I'm afraid one single key cannot be replaced, the only option we have is to replace the entire keyboard, though there are 3rd party solutions that offer replacement of one single key, HP neither supports nor recommends getting that done, hence you may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, use the same to find the part number and If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the answer. I figured as much from the response in a similar thread. I seem to be having a problem finding the parts and also I am not sure if it matter, but its a HP OMEN X 17-ap000na according to the box. Now I have to check the whole laptop because according to the seller it was HP OMEN X 17-ap003na. And we are going into lockdown so the matter gets even more complex.

Anyways If I am getting you right I can order the whole keyboard from HP Parts Store, but I can't seem to find any parts I am not sure how I can find the product number of it. All I have is my laptop product number and that gets me nowhere. All I am getting is an loop sending me from one website to another and vice versa.

Any help in finding the part would be appreciated because I can't find the parts and lockdown makes it even less possible to get it to a technician. Otherwise I would probably change the keyboard sometime next year through HP.

HP Recommended

@NameTaken12 Depending on the region you are in and the color of your keyboard/laptop, you can find the part number using the HP Maintenance and service guide:

Click here for details on the same.

See the below image for example:

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

See replacementkeytops.com in the mean time you could purchase a remote wireless keyboard or usb keyboard to plug in. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.