Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0018nk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been trying to run UserBenchmark to see how tough it is and I continue to get a Direct 3D error 

Direct 3D Error.png

Did not expect this error since

1) it is a gaming laptop

2) It has Intel  and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4gb graphics.

Capture.PNG

isearch and i found a same topic here but no sollution given from hp team 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Direct-3D-error-during-benchmark/m-p/7347632#M23856

And with this config says it cannot find a monitor attached  

So now I ask this, how in the world can this be a gaming laptop when there is no connection from the Nvidia GeForce  1650 to the computer screen?

You have to connect an external monitor to the laptop for gaming speeds because the Intel 630 is not gaming quality.

Is this the intended design?

If so, how is that "mobile gaming" when an external monitor is required???

test.PNG

are realy i need an external monitor for this !!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ridox-Tn

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, HP does not recommend to use Third-party measuring apps as they are not tested by HP and may not be accurate. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to reach out to our HP Smart Friend Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Smart Friend Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.