Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17.3 inch Gaming Laptop PC 17-ck0000 IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I bought a new computer and this error keeps popping up in event viewer systems when i try play games on the laptop does anyone have any recent fixes that work? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Justin1998

We haven’t heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created with your  

friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community). 

I would like to know if the resolution we provided worked for you? If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time, and thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @Justin1998

Welcome to the HP Support Community. From what I have understood, you are getting a DCOM event ID 10016 related error on your system. Please be assured that we are here to help you with it. 

Getting a DCOM error with an Event ID 10016 means that a program tried to start the DCOM server by using the DCOM infrastructure, but the user doesn't have the necessary permissions to perform it.

Please follow the steps shared below and let me know the outcome.

1. Open Regedit (Press Windows + R)

2. Go to HKEY_Classes_Root\CLSID\{C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} 

3. Right-click on it then select permissions  

4. Click Advance and change the owner to Administrators group. Also, click the box that will appear below the owner line. ("Replace owner ...")

5. Apply full control 

6. Go to HKEY_LocalMachine\Software\Classes\AppID\{316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97} 

7. Right-click on it then select permission 

8. Click Advance and change the owner to Administrators group

9. Click the box that will appear below the owner line 

10. Click Apply and grant full control to the Administrators group

11. Go to Administrative tools 

12. Open component services 

13. Click Computer, click my computer, then click DCOM 

14. Look for the corresponding service that appears on the error viewer [Immersive Shell]

15. Right-click on it then click properties 

16. Click the security tab then click Add User. Add Local Service then apply 

17. Tick the Activate local box.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @Justin1998 

I hope you are doing fine.

We reached out but never heard back. Do you still need assistance? Let me know if the steps shared were helpful. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Have a great day! 

Thanks! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

hello i'm not understanding the steps after i open immersive shell I don't see where i should add user 

HP Recommended

Hi @Justin1998

Not an issue, we are here to help you with it. 

Look for the corresponding service that appears on the error viewer [Immersive Shell)
That means - Look for the one that appeared at the right panel of the RegEdit. 

For example, the AppID Registry (316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97) contains the "Immersive Shell" Data
with a (Default) as a name. Then look for the "Immersive Shell"

Once done, you may follow the remaining steps. Let me know the outcome of it. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Yes for step 16 When you say Add user in the security Tab do you mean edit the launch and activation permissions , Access Permissions or Configuration permissions i just need clarification which one please

HP Recommended

You need to select Access Permission here. Please try the steps and let me know the outcome of it.

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

hello i did what u said it has helped i have only gotten one error since i followed your instructions

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response 🙂

That's great. I am happy to hear that the steps I have shared helped. Try using the system again and let me know if the issue still persists. I will be happy to look into it.

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello @Justin1998

We haven’t heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created with your  

friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community). 

I would like to know if the resolution we provided worked for you? If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time, and thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.