Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
15-ax003na HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

Does upgrading the hard drive myself invalidate the warranty?

I have a HP Omen 15-ax003na.

I have the necessary tools and have replaced drives in other laptops before, although that rubber screw cover looks tough to not aesthetically damage 😕

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Typically, upgrading "user upgradable" components doesn't void your warranty, however this computer doesn't contain any user replaceable parts. Please see OMEN by HP Laptop PC - Maintenance and Service Guide, which states;

"Removal and replacement procedures for authorized service provider parts;

CAUTION: Components described in this chapter should be accessed only by an authorized service provider. Accessing these parts can damage the computer or void the warranty.

CAUTION: This computer does not have user-replaceable parts. Only HP authorized service providers should perform the removal and replacement procedures described here. Accessing the internal part could damage the computer or void the warranty."

Provided you don't damage anything in the process of changing the hard drive (128GB M.2 SSD), it is unlikely that you will have voided the warranty. If you damage anything while change the drive, you will have voided the warranty. You may also be required to return the original har drive to the computer before receiving warranty service.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Typically, upgrading "user upgradable" components doesn't void your warranty, however this computer doesn't contain any user replaceable parts. Please see OMEN by HP Laptop PC - Maintenance and Service Guide, which states;

"Removal and replacement procedures for authorized service provider parts;

CAUTION: Components described in this chapter should be accessed only by an authorized service provider. Accessing these parts can damage the computer or void the warranty.

CAUTION: This computer does not have user-replaceable parts. Only HP authorized service providers should perform the removal and replacement procedures described here. Accessing the internal part could damage the computer or void the warranty."

Provided you don't damage anything in the process of changing the hard drive (128GB M.2 SSD), it is unlikely that you will have voided the warranty. If you damage anything while change the drive, you will have voided the warranty. You may also be required to return the original har drive to the computer before receiving warranty service.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.