Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN X by HP Laptop 17 ap0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For a couple of months now, I've been having constant lag spikes whenever doing anything online. Decent ping values of 30-40 ms quickly jump to 1400 ms and back (i.e. makes online games unplayable and online classes difficult). After trying different networks, I realized the issue was on my end, not the connection. 

I tried reinstalling drivers, doing a network reset, and various troubleshooting tools, but the thing that worked for a while was uninstalling the Omen Command center (which I thought of doing because it's a very buggy app, took forever to start up, could do basically nothing with it.

After uninstalling it, the issue subsided for about a week, and now it's back. And I'm back to troubleshooting. I tried reinstalling the latest omen command center, which did not fix the issue. And the latest version is just as broken as the one I had before. The coaching tab on the left is an endless load screen, and the tab on the bottom that say "OMEN X 17 LAPTOP"  greets me with the message "Driver updates are needed for OMEN Command Center to work accurately and deliver all applicable functionality. Please update to continue" and a button that says "Update". If I click updates, it downloads something and prompts me to restart. Restarting has no effect, as the same message popped up after 3 attempts to update.

I actually don't care for the utterly broken command center, I just want the ping issues fixed, which could be caused by the command center(?). Either way, any help is appreciated 🙂

edit: I used to continuous ping to show you exactly what the issue is. Here's the result(google docs link, since i couldn't upload .txt): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_zcwRPbUFXpggzBJkl3t2pybVJ5LdKAwE48ERSHGnjs/edit?usp=sharing

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I would try connecting with an ethernet cable to rule out the wireless being the issue. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.