cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
rigor_m
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Extreme Lag Spikes, probably due to the Omen Command Center

HP Recommended
OMEN X by HP Laptop 17 ap0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For a couple of months now, I've been having constant lag spikes whenever doing anything online. Decent ping values of 30-40 ms quickly jump to 1400 ms and back (i.e. makes online games unplayable and online classes difficult). After trying different networks, I realized the issue was on my end, not the connection. 

I tried reinstalling drivers, doing a network reset, and various troubleshooting tools, but the thing that worked for a while was uninstalling the Omen Command center (which I thought of doing because it's a very buggy app, took forever to start up, could do basically nothing with it.

After uninstalling it, the issue subsided for about a week, and now it's back. And I'm back to troubleshooting. I tried reinstalling the latest omen command center, which did not fix the issue. And the latest version is just as broken as the one I had before. The coaching tab on the left is an endless load screen, and the tab on the bottom that say "OMEN X 17 LAPTOP"  greets me with the message "Driver updates are needed for OMEN Command Center to work accurately and deliver all applicable functionality. Please update to continue" and a button that says "Update". If I click updates, it downloads something and prompts me to restart. Restarting has no effect, as the same message popped up after 3 attempts to update.

I actually don't care for the utterly broken command center, I just want the ping issues fixed, which could be caused by the command center(?). Either way, any help is appreciated 🙂

edit: I used to continuous ping to show you exactly what the issue is. Here's the result(google docs link, since i couldn't upload .txt): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_zcwRPbUFXpggzBJkl3t2pybVJ5LdKAwE48ERSHGnjs/edit?usp=sharing

1 REPLY 1
TiduZ
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would try connecting with an ethernet cable to rule out the wireless being the issue. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation