cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 41 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Administrator
HP Administrator
86 85 14 308
Message 42 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I heard that a new BIOS has been released. Try installing it to resolve the shutdown issue.

CVA info - https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp108501-109000/sp108789.cva

Download - https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp108501-109000/sp108789.exe

PS: marked as solution to give the post more visibility.

I am HP Employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 43 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Determine why you need to update your BIOS. What functionality is being updated or affected by this update? What problems are you experiencing that have been specifically addressed in the release notes for the update? Are you deciding to update your BIOS “just because” or because you think your computer will perform better?

Step 2.

Visit the computer manufacturer’s support page and read through their FAQ section attached to the product page for whatever you are updating the BIOS on. Read all the questions and answers pertaining to updating the BIOS. Read the instructions included on the download page for the BIOS update. Read the instructions that are available WITH the download. Read the procedure thoroughly. Read through the different options… whether you can even update the BIOS through Windows, or if you should make bootable media for it.

All that information is typically provided by the manufacturer of your product, at the place where you’d get the BIOS update for download. In most cases, they shove that information in your face to read before you even CAN download the BIOS update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 44 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello! I can't install update, cause I have error during installation. What can I do with it? Can You help me? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
8 8 0 10
Message 45 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can anyone confirm that the issue is solved with this update?

Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 46 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS updates are getting worse. Congrats! A new problem is added ie: slow charging after playing games until you reinstall the same bios update. I know flashing a BIOS again and again is dangerous, but who cares, hp support  assistants are just getting paid for copy pasting some robotic texts. It will be my first and last HP product.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation