Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

@Vlyss @gamer1o1 I suggest you contact HP to get this sorted, if you've attempted the BIOS recovery using the steps I suggested and yet it didn't work,

As that could be due to a hardware malfunction.

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please explain why would recovering bios (reinstalling) f.08 help? As you read in many post its unstable and sure evryones laptop has suddenly bad hardware yeah oke.

Please tell me where to for support

HP Recommended

@Vlyss The last known working bios would be installed using the recovery steps, if that isn't working for you, as advised before, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The hp technical team shouldn't have brought out f.08 in the first place whith this many people having the same update and malfunction, now we all know its due to this update but HP act like they don't. The technical team of HP should work on this problem and release a stable bios system that won't crash this many computers and let us know about any progress.

HP Recommended

The bios F08 is likely flawed. How would reinstalling it help?

My desktop 595 was perfect (other than the crappy keyboard). But since I updated the bios to F.42 - at HP's request - it regularly dies when idling overnight. It doesn't crash, but the Start menu and task disappears, and the second display is blank. Pretty much everything else is locked up, although I can run Task manager.

And of course a one-year warranty is next to useless. Mine expired last September.

HP Recommended

Now version 08 has been officially removed from the site. But how to install the previous version now if an error appears when trying to do this: unable to open signature file

HP Recommended

yes you are right ı think hp have to publish a new bios update .

HP Recommended

çözüm bulabilirseniz paylaşın lütfen

HP Recommended

i request hp to release a new bios update for hp pavillion 15 ec 0101ax.

HP Recommended

First of all, sorry for my english.

I have the same problem. 

Hp tell me that is a problem with the Bios version F.08.

I'm in contact with an hp assistant and after 40 email he send me a new bios version f.10.

The ridiculous thing is that this update they sent me is not compatible with my PC. 

I don't know what to do. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.