Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
17-W033DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been Seeing CPU and GPU throttling when playing graphically intensive games. Reading around i notice people have been recieving a 150W Power supply, in place of the 120W they were sent, and the issue was fixed. I believe i have recieved the 120W supply, and am suffering sub-par gameplay from a more than capable device.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Welith

Yes you have the wrong AC adapter if its the 120 watt version.

As Geekster pointed out, HP Support will take care of the issue.

You have to contact them through this link...

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

Choose the country you are in.
Choose Support, then choose Get Started.
Enter the full product number and follow the prompts.

Note that different countries for HP Support vary in the times they are available.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Welith, welcome to the forum.

This is a peer to peer help forum. The only presence that HP has on it are the Admins and the Mods. Otherwise, none of us works for HP.  Therefore, you should contact HP Customer Support for help with your problem.  They are the only ones who can help you.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hello @Welith

Yes you have the wrong AC adapter if its the 120 watt version.

As Geekster pointed out, HP Support will take care of the issue.

You have to contact them through this link...

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

Choose the country you are in.
Choose Support, then choose Get Started.
Enter the full product number and follow the prompts.

Note that different countries for HP Support vary in the times they are available.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.