Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
15-ek0005na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am going to reset my daughters laptop as it has almost 1GB of stuff she does not want, lots of left overs from old apps that have come and gone etc.

If I use the Windows Restore feature, will it put the laptop to a Windows default state, or put the HP software that came with the laptop on there also?

I have backed up the info she wants to a separate drive so wish to wipe all and start again as if the laptop was new, but have the HP stuff so that she can configure items such as the keyboard rgb lights and fan etc. I also had to tweak some of the graphics card settings with the stock nvidia app for the VR games.

Thanks for any advice

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello
depending on the years and models, the options may change
You need to check this

If you actually have the factory recovery option, you will find the laptop as on the first day, windows, software, drivers only

Creating and Using a Microsoft Recovery USB Drive (Windows 10)

How to reset your computer to factory settings in Windows 10

Software Recovery Options (Windows 10)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-15-ek0000-laptop-pc-series/32827267/model/34766871/how-to

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.