Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-en0003ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I bought an HP Omen 15 2020, Ryzen 4800H, model: 15-en0003ns, the problem is that the laptop's fan never turns off, even when the CPU temperature is below 50°C.

In the BIOS, I have disabled the "Fan always ON" option

In Omen Command Center, within the "Performance Control" I have configured the option "Comfort" with the fan speed in "Auto".

The CPU temperature is 38°C at the time of this message and the fans will not shut down.

The BIOS has been updated from "HP Support Assistant": Bios F.06 version.

I bought this computer because my brother has an Omen from 2 years ago and when he disables the "Fan always ON" BIOS function the fan turns off completely which is very comfortable to work with and I like being able to work in absolute silence.

This Ryzen 4800H has a stand up to 105°C, it is unnecessary to turn the fans on if the CPU is below 70°C.

I hope we can find a solution to turn the fan off completely. Is a solution foreseeable or should I return it on Amazon?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

After turning off the laptop completely for 1 hour and waiting for it to cool down, I turned it back on and the fans stayed off for 5 minutes. After having used the laptop during those 5 minutes with a CPU temperature of 40-45 ºC the fans have turned on.

Seems the trigger that starts the fans is not the CPU temperature but the motherboard or the inside of the laptop case.

Unfortunately, it is not feasible to use this equipment with the fans on. The trigger should be set at 60ºC, at this temperature the components are far from suffering any damage.

I hope that HP can remove a patch that increases the threshold in 10 ºC (at least) otherwise this laptop cannot be used to work and we will have to return it.

HP Recommended

@jmginer

I reviewed your post and I understand that the fan is turning on at lower temperatures.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I see that you have already performed all the relevant steps and I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I finally returned it and bought a DELL.

HP Recommended

So that's it for support? This guy has the solution go buy a Dell or Thinkpad ?

Ridiculous. When I first bought this laptop it worked perfect and had great battery life. Very shortly, after updates etc the fans are always on and battery life sucks. GPU - 0 degrees, CPU 37 degrees FANS ON! Yes 37 degrees!

Where is the support team on this? Your solution is to just have your customers go with another product? Believe me if Thinkpads came with 4800H and reasonable price I never would have tried a HP. 

HP Recommended

How in the heck do I talk to a human!! I just get the run around over and over. Stupid suggestions or robot chat. This is unbelievable! BTW the link up there doesn't work! Anyone??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.