Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

havent tried gaming on the comfort mode to test it's limits yet, but yeah its not as broken as the performance mode.

also didnt you have some youtube videos about the laptop up on youtube? could you link them to my dm please?

HP Recommended

Well.. since I'm not a native English speaker, I'm not sure what DM means. :indifferent:

HP Recommended

Also ... I just tear downed my omen laptop, and trying to put the thermal pad behind of the motherboard (which is the gap between the motherboard and the keyboard).

I thought it could decrease the temperature of the keyboard surface.. and.. NAH, IT'S STILL HOT AS **bleep**. I wonder what component makes the keyboard panel so hot.

HEY HP, don't tell me you use the keyboard panel as the heat sink, because it SEEMS LIKE IT IS.

sshot-102.pngsshot-103.png

HP Recommended

YamiOdymel

No worries, it's short for Direct Message

HP Recommended

YamiOdymel

I guess since the panel is some sort of metal it's conducting it straight up. 

Btw I'm gonna change my thermal paste after 3 days and test it out using the CM Master Gel and hope for the best.

[after 3 days coz exams 😞 ]

HP Recommended

I would also like to see Fan speed control right in HP command center or somewhere built into the lap top software. I have a HP OMEN 17 gaming lap top and when i am graphic testing or playing a game my left side fan runs at about 2750ish RPMs while my right side fan only runs at about 300 rpm and will barely go up another 100 rpms. It only changes slightly.

I would like to be able to control the fan RPM on the right side and increase it by about 33% rpms for optimal cooling. Right now that is possible with 3rd party programs but i dont want to use 3rd party software to increase the fan speed. 

Please did anyone find a solution to this problem? Just a way to make this Lap top not get molten hot becasue the right side fan is running so low all time compared to the left side.

HP Recommended

Underfolting and changing the thermal paste seem to be the only available options right now and using a really good cooling pad. I really feel bad buying this laptop, could've been great but the thermals hold it back.

HP Recommended

Its been a few months now. So can we have manual fan contol in the Omen command center software?

I don't want to lower the fan speed. I want in spinning fast because the temperatures are reaching 100°C on some cores while on a combined CPU+GPU load. 
Every other manufacturer has the option available, Is it too much to ask for hp?

HP Recommended

I've been begging hp for the fan control in occ since december. A representative told me that they have it in the omen back log and "currently evaluating" it. The fan curve is simply so **bleep** annoying to deal with. And the fan control is a basic necessity for a gaming laptop, hp should've implemented it before hand but they pulled this crap. One thing's for sure that I'm never buying from hp again. 

Apart from that, have you tried undervolting you cpu? That and changing your thermal paste helps a lot. And that's the immediate fix you can have without relying on hp for now.

HP Recommended

OK, so like the rest of us been experiencing the same thing. While gaming and such CPU temp would hit 96-98c even after undervolting. What does seem to help a lot for me, and again this is just what's working on mine, go into omen command center, switch it to comfort mode, and leave your other undervolting/overclocking stuff as it was. Been barely breaking 72c now and that's playing KC:D Ultra settings, while running streamlabs and all that stuff in the background, 3 hour session. Not a guaranteed fix but try it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.