Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

So I have this problem with HP laptop 15q-ds0004TX. I own this laptop almost 3 years now. I get random FPS drops in games, which gets below Normal. When I quit the game, the screen gets laggy as well. Tried to look up for a solution, but I don't really trust the methods provided by people from random websites. So, I was hoping to get help here. What should I do in this situation?

Just to mention, The issue goes as follows: Start game>constant 90-100 fps>sudden frame drop after about half a minute> its 2fps for 3-4 mins> game goes back to 90-100 fps> cycle repeats And when I open Task Manager, game consumes/uses high power usage. 

Specs: 

Microprocessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz
RAM 8 GB
Graphic device NVIDIA GeForce MX110
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Mmm maybe your hard drive is getting sick try to use cmd as administrator and run these commands chkdsk /r /f. Then restart pc then use this command as administrator in cmd  sfc/scannow post what you got 🙂 and i will be glad to help you 😉 first command will fix bad sectors in the ssd or drive second command will fix corrupt files in windows usually these problems because of hard drive is about to die . So you should get new hard drive maybe and transfer your files before you no more can turn windows . Salamu alaykum .

HP Recommended

But I have changed my HDD to SDD (Samsung SSD 870 QVO 1TB) and its been 2-3 months.

HP Recommended

3 years means the thermal paste is so dry and no more conduct heat so you should replace your thermal paste then bro .

check if you cpu is overheating or check you got enough memory on the system

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.