Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

G Sync Flicker

17-w200nj
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased a new monitor, the LG 27GL850, capable of 1440p@144hz gaming with HDR and G Sync compliant.

When connected through HDMI to the laptop everything works perfectly at 1440p@100hz, but when connected to the Mini Displayport, the monitor flickers frequently while gaming unless I turn off the G Sync. This happens at any refresh rate, not just 144hz.

I tried switching to a more high end cable, cleaning the port, updating drivers and even BIOS but nothing work.

Notes:

-When the monitor is connected I'm configuring it as the sole display.

-I tested the monitor with my friends desktop and it worked perfectly connected to the Displayport, his card is RTX 2060.

Any help is appreciated. I don't want to be stuck with a monitor I can't use to its extent.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,719 2,721 120 210
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

G Sync Flicker

@Ethan_Scherr Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the G Sync Flicker while playing the games.

The issue seems to be G Sync. I would request you to contact our phone support. They will help you and provide you with support options.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation