fxtx1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Gaming doom eternal.

HP Recommended
Hp omen 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While getting ready to play Doom Eternal I have a error message that my graphics card is not recognized by the Nvidia GeForce experience website that is linked to the Doom Eternal game it was running fine before now it does not recognize it what's up with that July 17th 2020

1 REPLY 1
Betty0610
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,257 16,239 876 711
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@fxtx1

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's do a system restore:

1) Save any open files and close all open programs.

2) In Windows, search for restore, and then open Create a restore point from the results list.

3) On the System Protection tab, click System Restore.

4) Click Next.

5) Click the Restore Point that you want to use, then click Next.

6) Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.

7) Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. This can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. 😎 Click Yes in the warning that appears.

9) System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts. 

PS: Performing a system restore will not delete any files.

If the issue persists, let's run atest:

Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

Click Extensive Test.

Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation